Thursday 28 February 2013

E1: Foster London

As a teenager with bum-length blonde hair, I was always somewhat precious about my hair. Although I have since cut it, shaved it and dyed it every color in the rainbow, I am still particular about who touches it.

Due to the sheer volume, finding a decent hairdresser in London is difficult. I've tried a few based on online reviews, but to no avail. It’s the whole package that’s hard to find; skill, nice salon, attentiveness, courtesy, but thanks to an actual human recommendation I finally found the holy grail: Foster London.

On what had to be the sunniest of Sundays, I arrived to a near-empty salon singing the sweet sounds of Amy Winehouse (the salon – not me). Within five minutes I was perched in prime people-spotting position with a cup of peppermint tea and a biscuit.

My hairdresser Simon was very attentive and completely unpretentious even though it was clear he was one cool dude. I talked, he listened and three hours later my perfectly lightened and chopped hair was complete.
It dries in minutes, looks healthier and was pretty reasonable (£133 for a cut and color).  If you’re looking for a cool salon in London with accommodating, skilled staff, this is the place.

Now go book an appointment! 




No comments:

Post a Comment