Monday 7 November 2011

Obsession: Statement Skirts

It's not as though I thought I would never say this, it's just that now my fantasy is reality and a sequin skirt purchase is very much upon me. Mark my words; this season's must have is a spangly, shiny, embellished statement skirt.

Since last month I have been admiring the blue and gold paillette numbers in Zara - perfect with bare legs, ankle boots and a chunky knit on top. Maybe it's the connotation of Christmas that the debut of sequins brings about. Or maybe I am a magpie, drawn in by the sparkliest of sparklers, eager to douse myself in silver and gold, furs and glitter.

I've danced around a sequined trouser for some months now, but without the funds to afford a classy-not-trashy pair, alas my legs have remained in a safe cocoon of cotton. The Zara skirts remind me a lot of Christopher Kane and because pailettes are larger and sturdier than sequins, these are so much more weightier than what you might pick up in Topshop.

Cover me in your shine Zara...I'm on my way!






No comments:

Post a Comment