Sunday 23 October 2011

I Eat Toast

Carrie Bradshaw once alluded to the fact she would often skip lunch so she could afford Vogue - it fed her more apparently. I wish I could be that fashion type but the harsh reality is that I prefer my lunch carb heavy and with a side or five of biscuit. While sometimes I think I have that mindset drinking from my Starbucks cup full of black marker pen, there is no way I would ever have the willpower to forgo my toasted bagel smothered in Lurpack. 

That's the thing with fashion - especially when you are at the bottom of the rung - there are those that are pushy, competitive and challenging, and there are those that eat toast. I eat toast. Of late I think I am so desperate to contribute to something permanently that I aspire to be every single person I come across that is in a better position than me. Cue fashion personality disorder, and I had it bad. 

After reading this lovely interview on The Style Rookie I have however been cured. Muchas gracias Tavi and Leith Clark. I now plan on getting back to being me instead of gobbling carbs under my desk and popping Malteasers in my mouth when no-one is looking. From tomorrow and onwards I will eat my sweets and drink my tea - normal (not Tetley) with moo and two. Here, Here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment