Sunday 4 September 2011

The Times They Are A Changing

The season is changing and with the breeze of Autumn we can rely on the impending fashion weeks to hurl in a gale of new trends, obsessive lusting, and a fresh perspective. September is something of an in-between month. Fashion lovelies are too busy going from city to city to care about much other than their next meal and forty winks, and us minions need to work all month to afford our new winter wardrobes (complete with those 'necessary' new season purchases).

I've said it before so please excuse my bleating on, but I absolutely adore autumn and winter. The energy in the air completely changes and the treasured warm - shielded from rain and wind - makes shopping all the more alluring. The days of sticky tube journeys and uncomfortable changing are just about over and I am delighted. Looking towards the drop in mercury, my next purchases are surely going to revolve around boots, thick knits, and an alternative to bare legs.

Hurry up snow, I'm Scottish, I miss you!



Leather jacket, Topshop. 




Thick knitted jumper, Anthropologie. 

Velvet lace up boots, Topshop. 



Gold cigarette trousers, Pixie Market. 




Sheer boucle jumper, Helmut Lang. 


My winter inspiration; skinny lounge trousers and voluminous furs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment