Sunday 21 August 2011

Decorate My Neck You Silver Wonder

There was a time when I frequented my minimum-wage-job, sequin scarf in hair, bracelets to my elbow, bells on my toes. I was an accessory's worst nightmare. So much so, that those of you who have to wear blue plasters over your ears, and remove all but wedding bands have only me to blame. Luckily there is little evidence of my nickel jewel obsession, but unfortunately the green tide marks have left me void of jingle.

Recently I have came to realise that I often leave the house without so much as mention of metal, chain, or fabric clad around m neck. I own one pair of earrings and two rings - one of which I found. And don't get me wrong - it's not like I don't love accessories - I make my own but just rarely find the confidence to wear them. Quaking at the thought of once being reprimanded in my uniformed, cotton polo shirt, my jewellery is most definitely always an afterthought. This makes me sad.

Fret not though fashion lovers - I am not a victim. It's almost pay day and in addition to the wares from both my jobs, there are accessories a plenty that I have my beady eye on. It's almost Autumn and I can't wait to decorate my new wardrobe with golds and silvers. Beads and ribbon. Jewels and JEWELS.



I WILL DIE FOR THIS. 







No comments:

Post a Comment