Monday 22 November 2010

Today I Feel Like Grunge.

It might be the Topshop jumper I have been rocking for the last week or three, or it may be the cold, dark nights, but of recent my fashion hankerings have very much been in the direction of 'grunge'. And I'm not talking about luxury-grunge, or grown-up-grunge, or any other elaboration on the dress code of choice for Kurt and Courtney. There are is no dressing it up, I want the holes, washed out make-up, and bad roots — because that's how it should be done.

This is not a new phenomenon for me, I have always veered on the side of dressing down instead of up. I used to frequent dingy rock clubs, and a night without beer induced messy hair, wasn't a night worth being out on. And while I have since transgressed into an older, less sociable girl, I still like my eyeliner smudged, clothes a little too oversized, and my roots, of course, purposely as evident as they currently are.

In a bid to cover up the need to wash my hair, I pinned it all up in a Gaga-esque nest this morning, and accessorised with a cigarette-burned vintage scarf. Perfectly complementing my spotty playsuit, Kurt Geiger boots, and American Apparel hoody.



I have to credit some of my grunge love to Courtney Love - my golden oldie, and Taylor Momsen - my current style crush. I actually just spent much of the last hour wailing "you make me wanna die", intermittently taking sips of tea. How very civilised. Anyway, please enjoy these pics of said style loves.



Hhhm, more of the same. 





No comments:

Post a Comment