Friday 22 October 2010

Bitter Sweet Pleasure

So mid-masters project...well hopefully mid...my laptop decided to die. Thankfully I managed to salvage all my work but being sans computer was not an ideal situation with a deadline next week.

For the time we spent together all I did was moan about said laptop; it's too slow, it's so heavy, and so on. However since he died I have felt really sad. I even have the grey-black brick set up on my kitchen table, begging him to come alive, light up, play the Mystery Jets album that I only just bought from itunes. He is dead.

Thankfully the necessity of a replacement meant that my Rory in a waxed jacket came to my rescue with a little money shifting that resulted in me being able to write this...a new, shiny MacBook! Although I cannot be in complete bliss, spotting the corpse of my one-time best friend every time I walk through the kitchen, I am reluctantly falling in love with my Mac. I just don't know if I have yet grieved enough (read: I form way too many bonds with inanimate objects).

Goodnight Mr Laptop, I will rub your lid every once in a while. Promise.

Product Image

No comments:

Post a Comment